Tuesday, September 2, 2008

cookie cutters and Koufax

The bean counters at BlogSpotINC. make a few recommendations to their blog-keepers every so often to keep things running according to plan in the blog-o-sphere. What a lot of readers don't realize is that the blog-o-sphere is very volatile and if there aren't a certain number of blog posts involving certain topics, the whole shebang could end up drifting into the ocean. If you touch upon all the majror topics, you get a gold star from the King and whomever gets the most gold stars gets to share a sandwich with Sandy Koufax at a web 2.0 conference in Vancouver at the end of the year. I've hit upon most of my goals for this quarter. I have plenty of music posts, I talked politics the other day, and I've had some self reflexive posts that I regret posting 24 seconds later. The one thing I need to win that sammy with Sandy is a post about kitchen tips. Well peep this little shot of egg frying for the future:
You may know that I have a crooked stove. Nothing you can fix with a matchbook under the leg either... any pot on our stove will collect oil on one side because it is on a friggin' slant. This makes cracking eggs into a pan a pain. If anyone else shares the troubles of a crooked cooker, I recommend getting a cookie cutter out next time you want to make a pretty looking fried egg. Just crack the egg into the cutter then wait a bit then eat it on some toast with a little s and p.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are going to eat it on toast anyway, I'd recommend cutting the hole in the bread and cooking it that way. Then the bread gets all full of greasy, eggy goodness.