Well, not so much to update from the caterpillar estate set up in my windowsill. I think they have earned a formidable foe. Our kitten, Maebe, has pillaged their land as if it were a catnip farm and shown no remorse. The pillers all formed cocoons on Friday, except for a few that died, and I figured by now I would have some beautiful butterfly salad to serve at my dinner party. Instead, they are still cocooned and I don't know if they are ever coming out. The kitten has scared them into hiding. They are living the caterpillar version of the first part of What About Bob, and they need Richard Dreyfuss and his son to teach them the world is full of adventures, you just need to jump off the dock. The kitten won't eat you.
here's what the kitten will do though:
The kitten has knocked all but one of the cocoons from the top of the eclosure when she batted it off the window sill and the whole terarium took a toxic spill down to the ground. The 'pillers in their little puberty-pouches all sit on the bottom of the Ocean Spray bottle. This will add to their character according to this site (which further prooves that there is a website for just about everything). I don't think I can get in there and scotch tape them up, so like my grass, I'll let 'em lay and hope for the best.
I'll be posting again when the pillers hatch from their cocoons. I'll try to get some photos and post them up here.
1 comment:
my thoughts and prayers are with those brave pillars
Post a Comment