Just changed around the look here at the web journal. The old title has bugged me since day one. I can never think of good titles, and the idea of a dog eating corn was just too much. I love dogs and I love eating corn, so perhaps putting the two together made sense at one time, but dogs don't eat corn.
I had been hoodwinked. Somewhere along the line I thought to write a blog, you need to have some kind of clever title that doesn't really make sense. One of the fun things about this blogger site is that you can hit a link that takes you to random blogs... well, most of them have random titles.
Not here anymore though.
A funny story about this site you are visiting right now. It was started in attempt to get PR people to send me free music. In exchange for a blog post, I would reach out to press folk and see if they would send me music I wanted to hear. Brilliant idea! But as the blog blobbed into its current shape, I have learned that writing about music is more for pompous dickhead know-it-alls. I have a very hard time judging someone's art, and could only write about music I liked. Although I did piss on the Kooks a few years ago, I think music should be celebrated 100 times and critiqued zero times. Let Mel Kiper Jr. do all the critiquing in the world on college football prospects. Run the well dry Mel, run it dry.
So here we stand. A simple little blog written in a simple little home, that has an important purpose as it allows me to every now and again reflect back upon old posts and say, "wow- on August 20, 2008- I must have been feeling like a dick."
1 comment:
and when a dog does eat an ear of corn, it ferments in their stomach and can explode. the smell of a barfed up corn cob is really something.
love the new blog name jon.
Post a Comment