It's a peacock. I saw it strolling down the road the other day and I realized it was going to be a kooky day. Unfortunately, by the time I reached for my camera to take this picture, the bird was so far away, it was almost as if I had only dreeeaaaammmed it.Anyway, from there, I received a phone call from a friend. She was looking for someone to head up to Lancaster with her to stock up on some chickens for her coop. I am fascinated by both chickens and Amish dudes. "I am in."
"Turn left once the power lines end." Was the only direction we had, but we found the farm alright. Again, I missed the photograph where the farmers were tossing the chickens in the car with wings flapping and feathers flying, but in this photo you can see that it was Wear Something Blue Day to support blue bears..jpg)
For my help in the chicken pickup, I was awarded two chickens to call my own. This was great news, because Badger was upset when he heard that our chicks wouldn't be laying eggs until the fall. We let one chicken ride shotgun home.
When Badger got word that new friends arrived, he made himself at home.
The new chickens tower over the chicks. I don't know if I like it. I saw one throwing its weight around, blocking off the feeder from the little chicks. I think once they all live together for a while, the bigguns will be friendly to the liluns.
1 comment:
There was a family of peacocks resident at my previous place of work and, once I got used to them wandering in front of my car, I found them massively entertaining.
Good luck with the chickens - fresh eggs taste so much nicer!
Post a Comment