Anyway, I think it finally sunk in during a very transcendental moment in class yesterday. I have been taking classes to learn how to be a good teacher, and yesterday we were focusing on the importance of school wide initiatives to improve academics and behavior. As we discussed these techniques, in the back of my head I heard Steve Jobs say to me, "See- you need a closed system where things flow seamlessly from instance to instance." It was weird. I had just had a conversation with someone about how I don't care enough about computers and business to want to know how important Steve's corporate and technological actions were. I wanted to know about his thinking, the funny thing was, I just hadn't scratched below the surface of his preaching. He wasn't just talking about computers and devices needing to exist within a closed controlled system which flows so seamlessly a six year old can operate it- he was talking about humanity. Well, maybe that is taking it a bit far, but he was talking about more than computers and the Apple company (I think). And if he wasn't, I like him more now imagining him hiding civil philosophy within an ipod.
Friday, July 27, 2012
Is this what Steve Jobs was talking about?
Anyway, I think it finally sunk in during a very transcendental moment in class yesterday. I have been taking classes to learn how to be a good teacher, and yesterday we were focusing on the importance of school wide initiatives to improve academics and behavior. As we discussed these techniques, in the back of my head I heard Steve Jobs say to me, "See- you need a closed system where things flow seamlessly from instance to instance." It was weird. I had just had a conversation with someone about how I don't care enough about computers and business to want to know how important Steve's corporate and technological actions were. I wanted to know about his thinking, the funny thing was, I just hadn't scratched below the surface of his preaching. He wasn't just talking about computers and devices needing to exist within a closed controlled system which flows so seamlessly a six year old can operate it- he was talking about humanity. Well, maybe that is taking it a bit far, but he was talking about more than computers and the Apple company (I think). And if he wasn't, I like him more now imagining him hiding civil philosophy within an ipod.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment