![]() |
| 2012 |
1. At the tail end of the year (last night) I watched a movie called Temple Grandin about an autistic woman who accomplishes great achievements despite having a number of difficulties she must overcome. She says, "every time you see a door, you should walk through it." That works well for her, and I think more people should give it a go.
2. The value of something should never be viewed as how much the price tag says it costs. That might be the cost, but the value deals with how much your life will be improved and, ultimately, what happiness will come from the investment. Furthermore, if you are already happy, you should buy less stuff.
3. Books, unlike any other system of communication, are whole complete worlds created for so many different types of enjoyment.
4. The frontal lobes and prefrontal cortex, typically associated with decision making, does not fully develop until around the age of 25. I learned this in two different circumstances this year. Once, in a car with a dad whose son is in his early twenties and once in an educational psychology classroom a few hours after overhearing high schoolers talk about how lame books are.
5. Weddings are great. the best part of this stage of my life is the abundance of Celebrations for Love.
6. Would you rather sit and watch a campfire, or sit and watch a river flow by? surefire debate starter/no wrong answer
7. Things that are hard usually get easier once you stop thinking about how difficult they are. This is true for me when I stand up in front of high schoolers and try not to sweat and stutter.
8. I am slowly approaching the day in which I don't feel silly wearing a full brimmed hat on a regular basis, but moving away from the age in which I don't feel silly with a moustache.
9. The Circle of Life is more than just a song about the jungle. It's also a song, that if you use it right, can ignite any type of party.
10. its a shame about the Big East.

No comments:
Post a Comment