Every hotel I have ever checked out of after eating a waffle, I have always said to myself, "man- that was a great bargain!"
So, now as I begin a new job as the night porter at a local hotel, I am proud to say that the hotel has a waffle machine. What I am even more proud of is how much syrup I can fit on my waffle at 2 am as I sit behind a desk and watch Survivor on the laptop. Not only do waffle machines swoon guests, they also help convince me that it won't be so bad to work overnight at a hotel. Despite the hotel not seeming haunted, it is a pretty nice gig. A few spooks every now and then would be nice (and probably bump up the price for those ghost-hunting travelers), but right now I am just happy to be alive and eating a free waffle.
1 comment:
A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap. ~ Mitch Hedberg
Post a Comment