
Chex Mix is just a snack, but it can also be symbolic of something marvelous. It is a combination- many individual snacks that, when combined, become truly delicious. When I surfed to the Roar session on daytrotter this morning it was like eating Chex Mix online.
Besides the obvious reasons, there was a line in the Moeller-musings that really vaulted the metaphor: I can't keep the lid on and I roast Rivers Cuomo all over again, kicking the ground, punching the walls and bad-mouthing the horrible lyrical bed that he made and sleeps in so fucking comfortably.
While potentially out of context, this is the statement of a generation. Maybe not a generation, but a sect of a generation. Maybe not a sect, but a whole bunch of dudes that I am realizing is more than just me and my buds. It is a statement I have made sitting in many different chairs in many different homes with many different beverages in hand. Usually everyone is in agreement too, and it turns more into a wake than a bro-hang.
Alas, this statement was the peanut in the Chex Mix. It was the crucial element that made me realize that what I am tasting is delicious. My good friend Owen and my friend who I know a little less, but still like to call my friend, Sean, combine to constitute the corpus of the calories and then there is more: daytrotter, the site that makes the internet seem like it has a soul, is a beautiful place to make this discovery. Especially while drinking coffee on a sunny Sunday morning. So many different flavors, all joining hands in one moment of one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment