Friday, June 5, 2009

Envelopes



At a good friend's recommendation, I purchased a book by Harriet Russel online the other day. It was shipped and turned out to be the Baltimore County Public Library's copy of Envelopes. While, someday, I may return the book- for now I am going to enjoy Russel's challenges served up to the British Royal Mail.


The envelopes featured in the book challenge the postal service to complete a maze, solve a crossword puzzle or decode a pictogram in order to decipher the destination. It is great. I'm starting to wonder if when a man told me he once mailed a slice of pizza to a friend in California, he was telling the truth. Postmen love these sorts of things. This summer, I am going to keep my eyes open and try and find a few things to mail afar. See some of my favorite envelopes below:




2 comments:

lsm said...

Seems to be a very good book.
That's a great idea!

Sixties Relic said...

Glad you liked the book!

If you wanted to turn this "posting strange stuff" into a major project, I think you'd find plenty of volunteers.