Sunday, December 14, 2008

An Interesting Comparison

After seeing a clip from Lost Highway over on Jake's journal, I had an onslaught of freaky memories from David Lynch, but I was primarily reminded of a Wes Anderson clip. Let me post the clips side by side, and then list the comparisons:






These clips are great side by side as they more or less show the exact same scene portrayed by two great directors with two very different styles. Blondes walking in slow motion is an easy scene stealer for a movie and I think I may start a side project on this journal collecting a few more from time to time. While I am not the best at analyzing movies (especially David Lynch's) here are a few notes I can make about these two:

1. Both scenes introduce the audience to a pretty twisted love interest
2. The soundtracks align nicely with Lou Reed offering up one song, and Lou Reed student, Nico, singing the other song (which I always thought was a Lou Reed song, but it turns out it was written by Jackson Browne).
3. The blonde hair and dark eyes of the vixens
4. the attempt to remain composed by the men
5. the whole exiting the vehicle bit
6. the fact that these two directors are the favorites of me and most of my friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, great find! I would like to see more side-by-side comparisons of other things...

You mentioned it in the introductory paragraph, but just to keep adding tabs:

7. excessive slow motion